View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Rafael

Device(s): Verizon S4 16gb, rooted, TWRP, custom ROM. Asus Transformer Prime, unlocked & Energy ROM.
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon2 View Post
Was thinking its from getting rid of the stock browser, stock email, and stock keyboard. Plus no longer having any widgets open except Power Control and Flashlight, but that's just a guess at why it got faster.

Rafael, I know you like the stock browser and email but you might wanna try Dolphin HD and use Gmail to try and increase battery life. You can always go back! I was reading that the stock Email actually wastes quite a bit more battery than gmail, because of how the notifications are received/sent. Supposedly no matter how long you set the notification interval it still keeps wanting to receive data anyways.
Yeah, I run flashlight widget, stock KB, Power Control widget. Add to that the news/weather widget, and Touchdown widgets and my phone is working pretty hard when idle.

Never thought GMail would be more effecient than stock E-Mail.
I may give that a whirl. Thanks for the tip.

One reason I would have for switching browsers is to get rid of those two permananet links Verizon put in the stock browser. I wish they would stop trying to lock in crap like that.