View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzerather View Post
Interesting, but on Samsung Galaxy there is no option to do this. The default option in default browser is greyed out and I wanted to use Opera mini as a default but there I found the same, I cannot select it as default. Is there a solution for that?
I don't think you can set Opera Mini as a default browser. Why, I don't know, but it doesn't show up as option for default even when there are two or more options. It doesn't register with Android as a browser
Quote:
Originally Posted by erbug View Post
I have a HTC Hero. I've had it about two weeks. Originally, when I installed multiple programs to do the same thing it would give me the option to choose which one to perform the action. It would also give me the option to check a box if I would like to make it my default action. Not anymore. I would like to replace the browser as well but also find the default box in settings grayed out and it reads... "no default set." Any ideas?
Do you have two or more browsers installed? Go to each one of them in "manage applications" and clear the defaults from each of them. Then open the default browser and click a link (any link). It should give you an option to set as default then