View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #141 (permalink)
Brennschluss

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Got my Bionic yesterday at Costco in Waltham, MA. They told me they got 6. I'd showed up at 10:00 AM when they opened but the guy at the kiosk, (who is a great guy, by the way, named Geren), said they hadn't arrived but took my name. He called me around 12:30 and told me to get in if I wanted one. Some other guy beat me to the first one, but I got the 2nd. It came with a raft of accessories including a car dock, car charger, desk dock, desk battery charger and spare battery, screen protectors (2), extra wall charger, and a (Geek Special) leather belt holster! An amazing goodie bag. Runs very well. Still trying to figure out how to program in my voice mail password for one button VM retrieval. Has instructional videos on the phone; a terrific idea for the user and probably cuts down hugely on support calls. Great screen. No particular problems. While I like the 4G which, interestingly enough, seems to overcome some of the dead spots in the Boston-west area I experienced with my 3G Droid Incredible, since I'm not a big media hound, doesn't seem to make a huge difference but is certainly noticeable.
Since Costco gives a 90 day return, which I used with the Droid Charge that I got a few months ago and HATED, it seemed the best deal of all the sources for the Bioinic. I was especially blown away by the accessory kit. So I've had it one day and am wondering, for no good reason at all, if this phone will get the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade.