View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
inigomontoyasr
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Did ShabbyRC1 init.d require the S## ?
his init.d either requires something i'm not aware of or it's broken. i tried scripts named 'script', ##'script', S##'script' and K##'script' and none ran at boot. i had to use the install-recovery.sh to invoke the mount script. i'm trying to make a universal version so install-recovery.sh uses
Code:
sh /system/etc/init.d/S00mount
that was the simplest method i could think of.

I now have a single version that will mount itself in cwm, install on stock, shabby, and hroark with the sdext as ext2 or ext4 and if any variable is changed, and causes a bootloop, a simple cwm reinstall or
Code:
adb shell a2sd reinstall
while bootlooping will fix the mount.
i'll test more and release when it's ready.

as for ext4. when using your all ext4 rom the a2sdgui doesn't report correctly (all rfs variations did in my testing). and the ext4 rom also uses more space on all partitions. even when migrating a nandroid from rfs the partitions are more full. it boots faster, and apps load faster, but there seems to be a storage trade-off. i still use teh all ext4. i keep my phone off at work and turn it on at lunch and when i leave so i like the speedy boot.

one other thing, this a2sd allows for toggling the app storage between internal and sd. i reckon that's to safely swap sd cards. it works on stock and shabby in fact you have to toggle apps to sd when you first install on those. but everything is locked to sd on hroarkernel. can't be moved back. haven't investigated that further. i think some more testing is needed to make a decision so if anyone has input here, it would be appreciated.

there was more on my mind than i realized. i need a nap.