View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
gamblor01

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE HTC Evo 4G (Retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck224 View Post
I am having the same problem. I have a hd2 with android 2.3v. Cannot remove the old google account to remove contacts. Have tried master reset and that does not work. New to all of this. So i'm not sure what i need to do. Thx.
I can tell you how below. Note that prior to doing any of this you probably want to backup your contacts, text messages, apps, etc.

Power off the phone and then press and hold the power button. At some point it should load up a black screen with white text. This is MAGLDR. There should be an option to launch into recovery. Navigate through the menu using volume up/down and press power button to select. If recovery was installed on your phone then this should launch "ClockworkMod Recovery" where you can navigate in the same manner (volume up/down) and select the option to wipe data (and confirm). Then wipe cache (and confirm). Finally, select Advanced and wipe the Dalvik cache (and confirm). Now reboot and it should be like the phone was never used before.

If recovery was never installed then you'll have to flash over a new ROM. It's really easy to do this -- once you have downloaded a ROM just boot into MAGLDR, select the flash ROM option, and then run the update program on your computer which will install the ROM for you. You can see more detailed instructions in the link that I posted above (in post #3).
The Following User Says Thank You to gamblor01 For This Useful Post:
1082130 (May 16th, 2012)