View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #92 (permalink)
CoyotesFan4Evr

Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr MAXX(stock rooted for now) HTC Droid DNA(stock rooted for now) HTC Droid Eris ro
Carrier: Verizon ( AKA Big Red)

Default Helping A Friend Root And Load A Custom Rom On His Huawei

OK ladies and gentlemen...I'm an HTC T-Bolt owner and my friend asked me today to root his phone. He has the Huawei Ascend. Decent little phone for what it is. So I followed the rooting instructions and got him rooted but stock with no problem at all. I put a few root apps on his phone such as TI/BU and away he goes. One problem, he wants a rom that is as close to what I have on my T-bolt as it can be. I'm running the Synergy Rom while I love it, I'm seeing on here by reading different threads that the Huawei doesn't run on the same stuff. Am I right or am I wrong on that? I haven't gone thru a whole lot of the threads on here about different roms but if someone could point me in the direction of one with like a list of all the good stable ones and so forth so that I can find one that he would like to play around with. He is totally new at this and is having me do it. In fact since his laptop went out he is wanting me to call or text him how to go about getting the rom and all the steps in flashing it. I know that's not smart so I'll figure another way to get it done in case we run into an issue. So I'll go ahead and send out a big thanks on this ahead of time as this is a new adventure me and him.

I must say though that just rooting his phone today, it was immediately faster.