View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
scudder

Device(s): Rooted EVO ONE (M7; 2 of them; ViperONE ROMs); rooted EVO LTE (Viper4G ROM), rooted HTC EVO (Mik3.1
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDawg View Post
I'm having the issue that after deleting emails, it still shows the same count. Polling does not refresh my count, it seems to refresh itself after an undetermined amount of time. Only seems to be the inbox.

I really wanted it to work for the combined inbox, but I'm going to be looking around now.
Yeah, I haven't quite been able to figure out to empty the trash exactly how I "think it should work." With regard to the polling numbers and the emptying on the trash in general, I find myself LONG-PRESSING on the name of an account. You'll see a pop up menu with the option to "empty trash." I do NOT think that the trash is emptied right then and there but upon the next polling it is emptied and synced with your server.

I'm not 100% sure that is what happens...might not even be 85% sure ...but that not only helps me with the count but also seems to keep the cached data to a minimum so that I don't have a build up of DOZENS of unneeded messages in the trash.
The Following User Says Thank You to scudder For This Useful Post:
HotDawg (September 15th, 2011)