Thread: Support Disabling Shutter Sound?
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
PyroSporker

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,155 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
I did a search and for those of us who are rooted, here is the thread I found at XDA that has a flashable zip of the camera app with no shutter sound. It also has some other enhancements. I flashed and it works great

[TEAM XPOSED] [MOD] Remove shutter sound from 2.3.4 HTCCamera.apk - xda-developers
A Freeza thread. He is the greatest. I wonder if he still lurks around here.

I beg of those that are rooted and doing the easy hacks to disable the shutter sound to still email HTC and request them to give us our option back. Some of us can't/don't/won't root and still are looking for the best resolution straight from the HTC source.

I remember during the locked bootloader debacle months back that me and others, who aren't rooted and never will root, went to bat for the rooting community and asked HTC for our freedom of choice. I'm hoping this proves to be a two way street, and that the rooting community will help out in asking HTC for a change in shutter sound policy for the good of all HTC phone users. Like I've mentioned before this is not a huge deal, its just one of those ever annoying details that should not have been changed.
Last edited by PyroSporker; September 19th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
CarrieK (September 17th, 2011), mich3lyn (February 1st, 2013)