Originally Posted by praky
1. Extract the package to the folder of your choice [Let's say- C:/android-sdk-windows/], run SDK Manager.exe
2. Close the command / windows command prompt window that opens.
3. In the new window, click on Available Packages to the left. Untick all options you are prompted to download except the USB driver option. Usb driver option will need and addition package called xxx.revision 5 at the top of the list. So you need to check a total of 2 options.
(Note-If you get an error message at this point, enable “Force https://…” in the Settings. From the list of available packages, select “Usb Driver package”, click on the Install Selected button in the bottom right corner and follow the prompts. )
4. Do not open Samsung Kies. Connect your phone to your computer with a USB-cable. Your OS will prompt you to install new drivers. Choose to install them from the android-sdk-windows/extras/google/usb_driver folder. Do not mount your device; you only need to plug-in the cable.
(If you don't see this prompt like me, well no problem. It might be due to samsung kies already installed.(not sure though)
5. Run command prompt in administrator.
Type in the following after the ">" at each step (without quotations,and including spaces and capital letters)
A $ sign should pop up
"pm setInstallLocation 2"
Another $ should pop up
**After restarting i got the access to move my applications to sd card but now i am unable to download applications from the market. The download either does'nt get started or at the end of download it just says 'couldnt install on usb or sd card'...
Also how to reinstall the apps to the root, rather than SD... ???? Is there a restore option...???
Praky... Chismay... Anyone... plz answer......!