View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
next121

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
I think you are being a bit harsh. I have found the Geniatech support to be very good.
They have been very quick to respond to my queries, linking me to updated firmwares and the latest HIDTV app. They are talking about a new release in 2-3 weeks to fix Catchup tv issues so are obviously still developing the product.
I use E S File explorer and Mobo player to stream movies from my pc and it works adequatley.
It's not support that is the problem I'm glad they are fixing things but they also messed up a few things after adding market support. This player doesn't even get some of the basics right, it needed an awful lot more development and polish before releasing to market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorianez View Post
The link http://demod.dvico.com/down/TViX_Xroid_0.9.57.fwp has the Tvix firmware , if any one can open the this "fwp" we can pull out the apk, may be we can run it on our ATVXXXX.
I have been having the same thoughts, I suspect Tvix do too though as they are a well established media player company who have been around a long time so they might have protected their UI from being used on other Android boxes.

Also the Tvix box is using a Sigma Design's chipset which is a MIPS CPU with no GPU running Sigma's custom port of Android, they may have tied it into this particular build of Android.

Their is the Meteorit MMB-322 which is an Arm player with a custom UI, there is a large German thread covering it if anyone can read/speak German and try asking to extract the apk from their player if it exists as an app.

Anyway I'm going to fiddle around with Splashtop and see it works on this the ATV2000 while running XBMC on the laptop.