View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
archer75
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanRobby View Post

The "Having to turn it off and on several times" could be self inflicted. You are turning it off and on while it's trying to turn itself on. It's like that Kevin James comedy bit about his wife trying to pull the door handle while he's trying to unlock the car. It's counteracting each other. Your best bet, LEAVE IT ALONE when you turn the screen on and give it a little while to see if it does come back on after you start using the phone.
I did give it a little while. In this case it was 5 minutes without it making any attempt to connect. Normally it would be about a minute and during that minute it would scan and then attempt to connect.

There was a time a few weeks ago I was at a friends house and couldn't connect to his wifi. Two other iphones and another android in the house all connected fine.
Mine would scan, find it, attempt to connect, connect and then disconnect. And it was stuck in that loop all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanRobby View Post
You say you have not added anything to the take killing list. Those would have nothing to do with this. This sounds like a battery monitoring app that has a power saving tool in it. Possibly even a "Multi-Function" app that is supposed to give you a set of tools that has a power saving setting in it that you are not aware of.
The only battery app I have installed is battery circle. Not sure if it's the issue.
The phone has been this way since the day I got it, even before installing these apps.