View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
pogs

Device(s): IDEOS U8150
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2andy View Post
An update for "My phone number". I've been in contact with 2 Degrees and there is a method to check your number in the phone. Touch phone (as if to make a call) Dial keyboard shows > Star + 001 + Hash > touch phone to make call > ussd > your mobile phone number is: 0274xxxxxx appears on screen.
I have also contacted Huawei to see if they are working on an Update to the Ideos U8150 software to recognize My phone number.
I'll report if there is any progress from them. Cheers Neil.
LOL, good luck with trying to get any response from Huawei. I did have a response from them about stuff months ago (January I think) when we bought the phone, but I think customer service has been discontinued or is pretty much non-existant. Never had a reply to any question since then.

I tried several times through a Huawei Australia/New Zealand hub as well but they could care less about replying to customer questions. I was going to be cheeky as suggest that they could possibly save a couple of bucks by deleting any webpages or links to customer support.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me. Doubt there will be a software upgrade (like ever), but would be interesting if they do reply with a solution.

Cheers, Paul