View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slug
Check six!

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanked 10,878 Times in 5,528 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
I half blame the mods for doing stupid stuff like shutting down and moving threads because it seems they're half paying attention to the transgressions of a single poster. The guy should be banned.
Moving thread isn't "stupid". It's how we attempt to keep Android Forums relevant and useful to its members. Have you ANY idea how many new posts hit this board daily? If we don't move posts into more relevant forums then within minutes important stuff disappears under the deluge.

Threads get usually closed when they've run their course or look to be in terminal decline. Personally I don't like doing it, but if the only other option is to dust off the ban stick or award infractions I'll gladly do it as the lesser evil. The previous "Bravo Status" thread is a perfect example; tempers were getting frayed and words getting harsh. Rather than wait until somebody incurred a warning/infraction I elected to close it. If you feel that was wrong then by all means contact the admins and put your case. I don't claim to be perfect but I do like to think I'm fair and considerate.

We don't ban people simply because their posts are unpopular. If they don't contravene the rules they have the same right to post as anyone else. If you have a problem with a particular post or poster, use the "Report This Post" button to bring it to a mod's attention. It will be reviewed and acted on.... or not. If you don't like a particular poster, use the "Ignore List" to banish them from view forever. If you disagree with a thread, move on to another.

Please everybody, bear the above in mind when posting in this thread. If it goes the same way as the previous one did the result will be the same.