Phone Randomly Shuts Down and Battery Level Gone Crazy
After a month of working fine, and roughly a week after upgrading to 2.3.4, my phone suddenly have these problems:
- I would frequently find my phone shut down/ turned off whenever I pull it out from my pocket (when turning back on, it will display the usual startup screen with HTC logo)
- Battery indicator would jump from (for example) 80% to suddenly 15%, and after reboot, goes back to around 80%
- Whenever battery level goes down suddenly, the built-in "Battery Use" graph would not reflect it. I found that it does show the new level after doing a refresh, and it shows on the graph the battery suddenly dropping to the low level at the same point in time.
- Sometimes the phone would suddenly shut down while I'm playing games.
- I noticed that the problem does not happen if the phone is just sitting on the desk.
Is it overheating problem with the phone components or the battery itself or both? I want to know also if it is a problem with the battery itself (which is easy to solve) or the part on the phone that interacts with the battery.
I want to know if it is a permanent damage done on the phone- because it was not behaving that way before, with the same conditions of use- or just the battery gone bad.
Has anyone experienced the same? What did you do to fix it?