View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #50 (permalink)
cbreze
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): RazMaxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
faster boot are among the benefits.
Me coming to commando by way of BB, I do chuckle when I hear comments about boot times. My unrooted comando boots up like lightening, seemingly anyway. I have no boot time complaints as it takes a minute at most.
I would like to get rid of stuff tho. When I used winmo devices I was always reROMing it usually weekly at least and never had issues. I'm a tad concerned with the root process and one misstep bricking my phone. I know there are info threads around, but still it's a concern for us root noobs. A step by step hand holding process is really needed for someone who's never attempted it before. Then once done we'd most likely look back and go sheesh! That was easy. But crossing the line the first time is hard. A bricked winmo phone could 99% of the time be brought back to life, not so with android then? Nobody wants to brick it. I'm just getting tired of all the constant app update notices I get like NFL, that I never use anyway. Maybe I'll get my nerve back when my commando gets more miles on it.