View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
sstavross
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi bthoven.

I have some news about our devices with the rockchip chipset. I had an email from one guy from the factory that produces these boxes. Here is his answer about firmware updates:

"Honestly tell you , Rockchip TV Box is not mature ,I mean , rockchip`s function and performance still need to be improved .

Many manufacturers and buyers are suffering from this Rockchip model . most buyes are not satified with the quality of Rockchip . now we already stopped promoting our model of TB06 . We are waiting for Rockchip`s improving for the Box . No one knows when it will be ready . if the quality are imrpoved , we will continue to sell it , otherwise , we will stop it .

At present , we recommend you to try TV Box with Amlogic solution or Samsung solution , these two solutions are more mature ."

The TB06 is my model but on a price list he sent me for the other solutions, it lists your model with the same discription as mine "N/A".

So , we are alone... until they come back to suport these boxes again, or someone from the communitty tries to make a custom firmware... It is pity...