View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
gio965

Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugfinder View Post
Follow-up to my problems:

update_20110909.zip

- comes with Flash 10.2 preinstalled, which doesn't allow for updates from Android Market or APK install;
- built-in Flash player can't be used by Opera Mobile - the browser simply can't see it;
- doesn't come with screen resolution and position settings;
- allows for installing of complete Android Market with all apps.

update_20110804.zip

- doesn't come with Flash installed, so it can be installed from APK and Opera Mobile can use it;
- comes with screen resolution and position settings;
- the Android Market will show mostly chinese apps, doesn't show Opera, Dolphin, Flash and many other apps.

gio965, you're the one who told us the idea of installing update 20110804 and Flash 10.3. I did what you suggested and it worked just fine, however when installed Android Market, all I got was apps not worth bothering with. I searched for Opera, Dolphin, Flash, IMDb and many others, they never show up. Tried all Market updates available here and even on other forums. The only way I could download Opera, Dolphin and the same apps I can get on my Galaxy Tab P1000 is if I am using update 20110909. Any ideas?
Hi Bugfinder, there are many ways to download apk files (apart android market) and all of them need the use of a PC.
The simplest way is that of typing into google search: namefile.version apk
(for example: opera11 apk, dolphin apk) and if, as results, you find that you can download from sites like: filecrop, mediafire, filesonic, megaupload, easy-share... then, you can be sure that freely you can do it (generally you must wait less than a minute for slow, free, download).
Another way is that of using: Slideme market, with which, also without registration, you have the possibility to search and download thousands apk files.
You can also install Slideme into your device, downloading the latest version, SAM 4.3, from their site (you find lots of apk, but not always the latest).
At last, save your apk files into an usb support (sdcard or pendrive) and install them using appinstaller.
Try and let me know.