View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-U-R-X
turbo drinker

Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: EE

Thanked 7,027 Times in 4,306 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbanger View Post
I have been with them ages. When I wanted to do my last upgrade, they wanted to charge me 100 QUID for my new phone. I told them, they give the phone for free to new customers, so I want the same deal. They said no. I told them, fine I will leave when my contract ends and finished the conversation. 10min later, phone rings, and the bloke says I just spoke to my supervisor, we will.do it for free and give you more min and data for the same price I was paying....so make sure you haggle, and don't back down. I had no intention of leaving Orange, but make them think your going elsewhere....if they can't be loyal to existing cusomers, why should I be loyal to them....what do you have to loose. Also if you look at your account online, go to upgrade, it will have an upgrade date on their. I rang them on the day stated, and got my phone within 2 days....I was chuffed...
I've had mates with similar experience to that... always worth telling them that you'll leave - they usually cave in and offer you a better deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to D-U-R-X For This Useful Post:
sm1979 (October 13th, 2011)