View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Netherlords
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Xperia Arc
Carrier: Not Provided

Cool Introducing the Rising Empires team

I believe it's time to introduce the Rising Empires team and those around us. On and off we are up to six people that work with different aspects of Rising Empires.

My name is Peter Norberg. My brother Johan and I initiated the Rising Empires project in the beginning of 2011. After a few planning sessions we started to write the first lines of code in February. Rising Empires is not the first game we design and code. We started working on a PBeM game called Fate of a Nation (Fate of a Nation) early in 2009 which was nominated at the Origins awards earlier this year. Fate of a Nation is written in Java and this, of course, made the move from PBeM to Android much easier since Android also uses Java. We both live in Sweden, Johan in the city of Gothenburg and I live in Sollentuna which lies a bit north of Stockholm. We are both dedicated to Rising Empires and Johan works more than half-time on the project. I work mostly on evenings and weekends.

We have divided the work between us and Johan does most of the code for the application (GUI) and I work more on the back-end code which processes each turn. I also do all documentation like rules, newsletters and such. We've found that this is a good setup for us and it allows us to make the best use of our different skills.

We have four people around us that I also want to introduce (in the order they became involved in Rising Empires):
  • Sara, who is my wife, is excellent at languages and marketing stuff. She gives us important support rangeing from proof-reading to art issues. She also gives our newsletter her blessing and transforms it from simple letters to a good-looking bulletin. Check out the pdf-versions!
  • Glom is an old friend of ours and he is the main game tester. He participates in all our trials and tests and gives us important feedback.
  • Robin Chyo (robin-chyo.com) does our artwork, including the start screen (we won't show it yet!). He is just about to start on character and portrait images of all the races in Rising Empires and we are really looking forward to seeing his interpretation of our background stories.
  • Nina Olsson (Morgis Art & Design) does all 2D-graphics. Up till now she has mostly been doing icons and buttons but she will soon start with all the map graphics; stuff like fleets, armies, roads and cities. One tough nut to crack for her is different army graphics for all races.

Cheers!