Thread: General Gingerbread update
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
illegalblaq

Device(s): LG Thrill 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

As far as the gingerbread update is concerned I used to work for AT&T and its most likely not coming out in October.

The reason why I believe this is because originally it was said the gingerbread update was going to come out in October for the Optimus 3D and have the 3D converter software in it but instead LG decided to just release a maintenance update (in october) with the 3D convertor program meaning that odds are they are still testing and having issues with gingerbread on the Optimus but wanted to at least honor releasing the 3D convertor program since they dropped the gun and announced it was coming in october.

Now because of this that would mean that the Optimus 3D isn't going to get gingerbread until at the earliest November and even then it will get it first before AT&T gets it to roll it out. Its not AT&T faults but the manufacturer LG so AT&T is at there mercy. Now naturally because the Optimus 3D hasn't received gingerbread yet its only safe to assume based on facts that the LG Thrill won't get it until most likely 2 months afterwards if we are lucky.

Facts pertaining to the fact that the gingerbread update officially came out for the Optimus one in August but has yet to be released on the LG Phoenix sold by AT&T. AT&T while being committed to gingerbread still is slow with timely updates. The Motorola Atrix didn't get gingerbread until 3 to 4 months after launch. The Samsung Infuse (while it has gingerbread on rogers network in canada) still hasn't released gingerbread and we are on the 3 month since launch of the phone. While I hope gingerbread comes out soon its pointless to believe it will be out anytime soon, i'm also wondering if AT&T will release the maintenance update or just wait for gingerbread, my assumption would be wait until gingerbread so it will be a quicker release.