Suddenly stopped charging
I've also just started having the same problem - phone no longer charges when plugged in. The only strange behavior I've seen prior to this event was that the phone, while plugged in to the wall, recently displayed the data menu as if it thought it was plugged into a computer. I ignored it and removed it from the charger when it was finished. The following day (today) the phone wouldn't recognize the charger. I've attempted the following troubleshooting steps:
1) Turned the phone off and back on - no change in results
2) Took plug, cord, and phone and tried a different outlet - no change in results
3) Attempted to charge from a USB port - no change in results
4) Removed battery and put back in, powered the phone on - no change in results
5) Attempted to charge while phone was off - phone turned on and still wouldn't charge.
I have a separate charger and cord at work that I'll also try to verify it's not the cord/plug.
I really like this phone, so, I certainly hope it's not a defect. Reading above, I think I should be preparing for the worst.