View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
mavrikmeercat

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Prevail CyanogenMod7, Samsung Transform Ultra Megatron, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1,
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
the thing is RM and CWM work together as a unit. Now CWM can work just fine w/o RM, but RM needs CWM to do most of what it is intended to do. So again its not the apps fault. I got hroark up to speed on how to submit his build of CWM to koush so it can be officially built and merged into RM. SO hopefully once he gets that done koush will get it done in a reasonable time frame.

And in most cases CWM has to be officially built to have full RM support. I have seen unofficial builds work fully, but they had to be installed with RM, but I have found most ppl cant follow the instructions on how to install it with RM.
Yeah it does seem complicated for the average user. Im a bit of a computer geek and have been working with linux for quite some years now and after reading extensively on dutta's site I know I can do it but, the average android user probly isn't going to research the documentation and again, the app will take the blame.
Also, im glad you brought that up about CWM having to be built specificly for the device and that it had to be installed by RM. I got CWM from hroark's package with his latest kernel. I know he moded it to work with the prevail but is it an actual specific build or just one that works? I suspected this might be the case with my problem but didn't have the info to back up my theory. If so then that would also fall under the user error cat. as well.