so yeah, no way to receive the update from inopath. called tech support to have them just walk me through all the steps i've already tried, and i'm getting a new commando come monday. yay.
here's the steps I took to remove root. I did a factory reset, and it didn't remove superuser, then I rerooted and did this, then did a factory reset.
- Open the Android Terminal Emulator and you will see a user prompt $
- su (Now you should see a # symbol. This is the SU (Superuser) command prompt)
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
- rm /system/bin/su
- rm /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
from Removing Root/SU/Clockwork U D G
I do believe this must be done before sending in your phone to verizon. I had to send my phone in last time because I smashed my phone into a wall and messed up the sensors.(why not test the limits??)