Thread: Support FM Tuner
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
John Jason

Device(s): T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, T-Mobile-USA Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile - USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylonewolf69 View Post
I have the AT&T SGH-I777 and it's been confirmed that the FM Radio was removed for *THAT* model, so it looks like it was removed on the T-MOBILE version as well... *sigh* was really hoping to have this feature on my phone as it was one of the reasons why I wanted a Samsung Galaxy S2... Maybe it's a U.S. issue/FCC? Need to *scope* out the sprint forum to see if this is an issue for them as well...
There are only two reasons I can think of for the US carriers to have removed the FM tuner. 1) Maybe Samsung made them a lower price or, 2) there wasn't room inside the case after installing the radios required by US carriers.

I live in an HSPA+42 city and I get very impressive download speeds with my SGS2 - over 20 Mbps is common and I average around 15-16 Mbps. Yet streaming radio stations still cut out periodically. Yesterday I was streaming a *local* radio station for two hours, and four times it cut out for about ten-fifteen seconds. Today I was streaming a station in the Netherlands and it was far worse.