View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
jimweda

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Doesn't look good. From the ruined going around it doesn't look like the Galaxy SII will be getting it for a really long time. We can't even get Gingerbread yet because they can't seem to fix all the bugs. Not sure why but last I checked they even pulled the source code from the site. Personally I think they should let all the great programmers we have at places like here, let them work on it and fix it to at least be as stable as some of the rooted solutions and then compensate them for doing what the developers could not do.

I'm no programmer but I don't understand why they can't make some of the changes the people here have and other rooting sites have made and at least get us a workable update.

It drives me nuts that I have not able to root my phone because I only have Mac computers. I was very hopeful and excited when I saw qbking77's videos on rooting without a computer but for some reason it would not root my phone even though I followed the video step by step. Same phone, same files and procedure. I feel like Samsung and Sprint are just put to make me miserable.

I really hope there is a Mac person out there that will create a section on helping other Mac users who want to root their phones but are having trouble. Or even better any programmer able to perfect the "rooting without a computer. I think that's a fantastic way to do it since even using a PC is sometimes a pain. Wishful thinking I guess.

I just want to make it clear that I still appreciate all the hard work qbking77 and everyone else involved in helping us root our phones. They do what Sprint and Samsung can't seem to do, create miracles and help make out phones better.

Jim