View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
TyMiles2012

Device(s): LG Vortex
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussio View Post
So how is performance compared to Froyo? anyone done any benchmarks? and WOW really happy for you all finally a CM7 Port haha gave my Vrtex to my bro a while back I would like to update it for him so please tell me how its running for you guys. Thank you OP.
Just by using the phone after flashing, for the ROM's first initial release, it's definitely an improvement! Plus, the battery life also had an outstanding performance! After 11h 35m 18s, the battery was at 13% remaining!

I also performed a full benchmark with Quadrant Standard and I gotta say, I was pretty impressed because of the fact that the device wasn't even overclocked!

Way back with the old Breakneck Rom, I ran the device somewhere around 750~800MHz and the benchmark number was around 650! If we could get this kernel overclocked to that same number (I can't get it above 600MHz for some reason), I think we'll be able to break 1000 points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesheifner View Post
This is great news.

Like others, I'm going to wait until the camera works. I'm happy with disabling animation until that issue is worked out, but a working camera is unfortunately a must for me.

I've literally been looking at every LG Vortex forum, every day for the last 6 months, and it's wonderful to finally get some more positive updates to this loathsome, despicable, embarrassing phone. I've been hoping that one day, either I'll get a new phone, or someone, like you guys, will make the LG Vortex, (again, an embarrassing piece of mobile trash, to be avoided by respectable consumers at all costs) somewhat decent.

Efforts to turn this phone from the lowest Android common denominator to something usable are heroic. Cheers for that, and as soon as I can afford to, donations are in order.

PS: "Your warranty is now void." Our warranty was void when we got this piece of tripe. With updates like these, the phone now has some value.
I think the Vortex is a great phone, people just don't know it's full potential. That's what we're trying to achieve here.
Last edited by TyMiles2012; October 25th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TyMiles2012 For This Useful Post:
mussio (October 26th, 2011)