View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
mjschmidt

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Chickenhead: First of all, though you are done with HTC, if you bought your Dream with a data contract before Dec 31 you can get a FREE HTC Magic from Rogers as part of their upgrade for Dream owners. You only have from Feb 9 (yesterday) until Feb 14 (Sunday) so call in or go online to get it.

The info you need is here: The Unofficial Official Rogers Dream>Magic Hardware Upgrade Update Thread

I am suggesting this, even though you say you are "done" with HTC, because you get to KEEP your Dream, so you would have TWO phones, and the Magic WILL be updated to Android 2.1.

The only catch is that your 3 year contract will be reset to start over again from the day you order the phone, however since you get a free $600 phone, and keep your Dream, you could pay the ETF to cancel your data plan, keep your voice plan (or pay the total ETF for both plans, but that's about $600 or $700?) and come out ahead.

I have the Magic, it's a great phone, and it will get Android 2.1

If you decide you don't want to extend your contract to get the free Magic, then I would recommend waiting until the second half if this year. There are a LOT of new Android phones coming to market, at least in the US, and hopefully here as well. These new phones should debut with at least Android 2.0, but most likely 2.1.

For the record, the Nexus One is made by HTC for Google. So... yeah.

Google+