View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chickenhead
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hey thanks for the info...did not know about HTC doing the Nexus. Oh well.

Now, as far as my situation goes, it's a bit complex. I had a Palm Treo (running Wince) prior to my dream. I willingly extended my contract because I was blowing well over my minutes last November and it was costing me a fortune. Robbers wouldn't let me "upgrade" my Treo to a Dream thanks to whatever contract mumbo-jumbo they like throwing at us, so I decided "screw it" and went out and paid full price at future shop for one. So given that, do I even qualify for the upgrade? I did extend my contract, but it is not subsidizing a Dream. I think I'm SOL on this one.

I'm hoping more Android phones appear soon in our market. I'm not happy about the Dream being stuck at 1.5 with Rogers trying to tell us it "provides the best user experience." That's like forcing us to use Windows 3.1 while everyone else is using Windows 7. And I'm serious about Marketplace apps removing 1.5 support...how the hell does this provide us with the "best user experience?"

(Incidentally, there was a 911-related issue with my old Treo. Under certain conditions it could not make 911 calls. Robbers did NOT cut off data and force Treo users to upgrade. I don't believe a word of their claimed excuse for forcing the upgrade on us.)