Originally Posted by tweezal93
i'm new to the forums and i wondering if someone could help me?
i've got a bit of a problem with my san francisco. Its only started quite recently but it appears that about 5-10% of the texts that ppl send to me im not actually recieving, they get lost in the ether.
I've have absolutely no idea whats causing this and its becoming quite troublesome. I use the standard messenger which comes with the phone.
If anyones got any idea what's causing this or any advice i'd really appreciate thank you!
P.S my friend had a look at some of the texts that i did recieve from them and says that some of content was not what they said and reckons that the "extra content" might be from the lost texts. But we're not sure, thought it might be worth mentioning.
Which carrier/network are your friends on, those whose SMS are not being delivered?
The same network, or different?
Have they enabled, or could they enable, delivery reports on their phones?
They could force delivery reports by putting *0# at the start of their message, if necessary:
It is the responsibility of the sending network, their network, to ensure delivery of the messages IMHO
See also here: SMS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Message delivery is "best effort", so there are no guarantees that a message will actually be delivered to its recipient, but delay or complete loss of a message is uncommon, typically affecting less than 5% of messages. Some providers allow users to request delivery reports, either via the SMS settings of most modern phones, or by prefixing each message with *0# or *N#. However, the exact meaning of confirmations varies from reaching the network, to being queued for sending, to being sent, to receiving a confirmation of receipt from the target device, and users are often not informed of the specific type of success being reported