sir i have read this from another forum that i am also active....
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y (crdits goes to MrGambit)
Download the file attached here:
xda-developers - View Single Post - samsung galaxy y root
1. Download needed file (update.zip)
2. Copy ZIP file to the root of your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Switch ON your device in the recovery Mode
(hold power, volume up, home button together).
5. Select update from SD Card option. (yung volume keys gamitin pang select)
6. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
7. Wait a few minutes
8. Andů..voila!! Your Galaxy Y S5360 is now rooted
hope this one helps us....i havent tried the procedure yet, i am still in the process of learning the advantages of a rooted phone