View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
WB1DBY

Device(s): Motoroloa Droid X2
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Kraken Case vs Otter Box

I have a Moto Droid X2 and the Trident Kraken case with holster and have had them both since July 2012. The case is excellent and does what is says. The phone has taken a number of drops and always worked when picked up and is in pristine condition still. The Kraken case is a winner.

The holster is another thing entirely. I wanted something that can be clipped to my belt and the holster does that. But when it arrived I noticed it was made of soft, bendable plastic not the much harder abs or other type. I knew I'd have to baby it to make it last and suspected within 2 months it's be broken.

I did get the holster to last 3 months before the belt clip broke. I did contact Trident Cases and got a very quick response and they said they'd ship out the replacement belt clip piece and they were working on a fix for the known problem. Since I'm in New England and they're in CA, it too nearly 10 days via snail mail to get the part to me. And it ended up being the wrong part.

So another email and supposedly the correct part was being shipped out again via snail mail. It's now been 2 full weeks and no part has shown up. Worse is that I've tried to email Trident Cases and the email bounces. And worse than that is that the web site is down.

Is Trident Cases out of business? I will be disappointed if they are and unfortunetely in the market for an otter box if that is the case as I need phone protection and some sort of belt holster to hold the phone.

It's too bad as the phone case is good, the customer service is quick and responsive. But the end result of that customer service was not.

Does anyone know anything?