View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2011, 01:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
scorpio11

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to butt in but I need simialr help ;-) I also have a samsung galaxy S and I am unable to get the photos from my phone to my PC via USB. It seems my computer is not reading the fact the phone is connected. The phone tells me 'USB connected' and I choose to 'Mount' but at this point, i assume the removable disk should be accessible but its not. No pop-ups and not on the 'computer' tab??
Any help would be greatly received!!
Thanks
Suffered similar frustration for a while today with my new new Samsung Galaxy S Plus as my PC was not recognising the phone, could not automatically find a driver and other issues. Never had an issue with any other phone I've owned and Samsung should provide proper instructions. This is how I did it eventually and transferred my photos to my PC.

1. Press Settings
2. Press + Add
3. Press Widgets
4. Scroll down and select Program Monitor to add this widget to your Samsung screen
5. Tap the widget and close all active applications
6. Press Settings
7. Press Wireless and Network
8. Press USB settings
9. Click Media Player so green dot beside it
10. Connect USB cable to PC slot
11.Connect USB cable to Samsung Galaxy S Plus
If you do not close all applications prior to connecting the USB cable you will see a message now saying "PC connection only available in idle. Close any running applications", in which case, start again as described 1-5 above.
12. Once the USB is connected with all applications closed, your PC should detect the Samsung Galaxy Plus S and automatically install the Samsung driver. It did with mine.
13. Your phone should now show a black screen with a silver USB connector image and below it:
"Connected. Press the home key to exit Media Player"
Do not press anything, leave as is and now your PC Autoplay window should have opened on your computer.
14. Click Open Device in Autiplay window to view files
15. Double click phone icon on next window
16. Double click DCIM on next window
17. Double click Camera to access your photos and select/drag/drop to your PC folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio11 For This Useful Post:
MissJeezey (August 31st, 2012)