View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #94 (permalink)
dkaufman1

Device(s): Fast Fact: Our apps run on more than 2500 Android device types.
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepilot View Post
I have had the g1 since day 1.. I love it but one thing has been driving me crazy.. for the people that have or had a iphone unlocked Im looking for a program like winter-board i think it was called on the iphone. I guess I'm tired of having to crop all my pictures to make them wallpaper on the phone. With all the pictures that take the hole screen up when you look at them in the picture file Why cant you just make the hole inter picture the wallpaper instead of having to crop just half of it. Can some one make a app PLEASE that will do this..
I am not 100% sure what you are saying, but here's a guess...

"You would like to use non-cropped photos for your background."

Realize, our camera is a 3.2 MP (2048x1536) camera on the G1 and potentially even higher res on other Android Devices. As such there is much more information captured than we can use in a background (640x480 I think?) for our devices.

One trick might be, download PicSay, which has a lot of cool features besides, but one unintentional feature is the PicSay Free app only lets you save a lower resolution version of your creations. It creates this upon starting the app, so you might select the photo and then save it with no changes and use that as your background getting the intended result you are looking for.