View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #392 (permalink)
enviro8

Device(s): HTC Desire Phone, Ployer V5 MP5 Player, Enjoy AT1000 TV Box with T119 HiDTV dongle, iMiTo 8" Table
Carrier: Pennytel

Streaming Video from PC and networked Media Players to TV Box

I use a GTV 220 TV box probably a re-badged ATV 1000, but the method should work with any Android TV box.

I have my PC with HDTV dongle networked to a Dvico Tvix 6600 and Noontech V9-T media players both with dual HDTV tuners.
The V9-T stores recorded video at a TS (Transport Stream) file in the MPEG-2 video format and the Tvix uses a similar TP file.

Some video players cannot play these files natively so you need to find one that does.

You will need the following Apks (download from the Android Market):
ES File Explorer – This file will access the network plus other things
MoboPlayer and/or Stream Media Player – these will play TS files.

I use Stream Media Player but note there are two listed so use the one with the video camera icon.

The other problem is that some video players will only replay in 4:3 format, these two video players can be adjusted to play in the 16:9 full screen mode.

Having installed the above, open ES File Explorer.

Click on "Local" in the top left corner (or if there is a LAN tab click on it) and a new screen will come up.

Select "LAN", then click your unit’s "Menu" button and got to --> "New" --> "Scan"

After a while it will locate stuff on your network. You will likely have addresses for your PC and networked media players. You may have several for these if you have both wireless and ethernet connected.

These are likely to be in the form 192.168.xxx.xxx.

Open these up and navigate to the device and folder you wish to play media from.

Play the selected media.

If you get the message "Sorry, no application available", then Long Click on the video you want and at the next screen select "Open as" then select "Video" and then select the video player you want to use. I suggest you select the Stream Video Player as others may not play the format.

This will probably start in the 4:3 mode and you can click in the bottom centre and click on the small blank white box several time as it cycles through screen configurations.

Watch your video.
Last edited by enviro8; November 9th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to enviro8 For This Useful Post:
Surcouf35 (November 11th, 2011)