Ok...The solution to unlocking one's phone after attempting too many patterns cost me $34 to get from an online technician and I thought I would share it with everyone coz it frustrated the hell out of me and I nearly just chucked the damn phone. This feature should be changed coz it is useless the way it is. Anyways here is the solution.....it will cause your phone's internal memory to be reformatted but I didn't care coz it got it back to working condition.....AND IT WORKS!!!!
To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:
1. Remove the battery.
2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
3. Hold down the Volume UP and Home buttons then press the Power button for four seconds. Release the power button but DO NOT release the other buttons.
4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
6. Select Clear Storage or Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
7. Confirm your choice by pressing the power button or Home button.
8. Now confirm your choice.
9. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.