I'm at the end of my tether with this phone now.
After spending day's comparing phones and networks I finally bought this lovely phone, but I'm now thinking 'come back Ovi Suite, all is forgiven!'
Purchased two weeks ago, it has never connected via USB. I did once get it to sync with Kies Air, but never again since.
Working in Win7 64bit, I've tried all the solutions listed above and can get nowhere...
- in debug mode
- in normal mode
- turned phone off, turned pc off, reboots, nothing
- In USB connection, my phone says it's connected but the laptop says it's connecting and stays that way.
- In Kies Air, when adding the IP address to Firefox, the window background changes to a grayish colour, but won't go any further. Looking at the page source all elements should be displaying, but they're not.
- Also tried this in IE9 and it crashed.
- Tried it in Chrome and it won't connect at all.
Seriously, seriously hacked off with spending money on a product that won't work at all! I would use it in Explorer, but I would prefer to use it with contacts and calendar etc synced which I use a lot.
Time to spend an hour on the phone Samsung support tomorrow as a last resort...and probably get nowhere too.