View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #29507 (permalink)
huskerkate

Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
Husker, what "e-mail app sucks"??????

please don't say the stock android one on the Gnex. that was my biggest concern. My phone is for work and I'm coming from all HTC-Sense phones. their Calender and E-mail apps CAN'T be beat. but I'm praying the ICS ones are similar?

do you know for sure the ICS one sucks?
i don't know that anyone can comment on the ICS stock e-mail app. however, thus far the stock e-mail app on android has fallen far short of meeting my needs. i haven't personally used the Sense email, but my wife has a DInc, and i definitely prefer Touchdown over it.

i use my email exclusively for work. i have about 50 subfolders for each of my cases, and keep those case-related emails in each folder. it's essential to me for keeping track of my cases. Touchdown allows me to choose which subfolders i want to keep synced on my phone, and it organizes the subfolders exactly as i have them on my PC. it also syncs with my work calendar, including all of my tasks and deadlines that i have coming up.

i've tried several different email apps, and imo Touchdown is head and shoulders above the rest for business uses. you can download the regular app for a trial period for free, to see if you like it. i highly recommend checking it out.

Goonga Galoonga - No, no; Goonga Lagoonga. -- Carl, Caddyshack
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huskerkate For This Useful Post:
wedgemoose (November 15th, 2011)