Thread: General Archos 7 Home Tablet
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
UBRocked
VZW Nexus Please!!!

Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Ok looking for some advice here. Two kids looking for an web browser device of some sort for Christmas. Aged 8 and 10 (will be strictly monitored so no need to go OT with Parental advice issues).. Basically this is to get them away from my laptop and give me some peace. So the Archos 7 home tablet is available on pixmania.ie for 99. I'm really hoping it will do the trick for internet browsing mainly game sites, youtube and general googling for home work. Does this do the trick for a very nice price ? I know there is better out there but for this price its seems like a great deal. Any advice please... thanks...Santy !!
I understand completely what you are looking to achieve here.

Archos released 3 different versions of this tablet. They are all extremely similar but ship with different versions of Android. You do NOT want the model that ships with version 1.5. You will find that it is incredibly limited by the lack of app support. The 2 other versions ship with Android version 2.1 and would be more acceptable.

Now, if you are willing to spend a little more...get the Kindle Fire. It is $200 USD and it is a MUCH more capable device than the Archos 7 HT.
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
Santy (November 23rd, 2011)