View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Austrie

Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G, Running: AOKP 4.1.2 v3.5.2, Skill Level(s): App, ROM, & Kernel Dev
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantera View Post
>* Mounting of ext2 in the init.rc(This will mount the ext3 partitions as non-journaled ext2 partitions)

I'm confused. I assume this init.rc file that you mention is in the ramdisk, correct? Can you explain how this would affect the final filesystem once the actual file system is loaded? And did you figure out where the file system gets mounted as ext4?

I thought that the actual file system that is formatted during the actual ROM flashing? For example, looking in the updater script for the cm7 zip package, I see:

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");

I assume this means that during the flashing of CM7, /system is formatted as ext4 and so it will remain as ext4 until you reformat it as something else, correct?
Only bkernel is ext2, cm7 is still ext4. Stock triumph is ext3, when you it becomes ext4, you have to change "("ext3", "EMMC"," to "("ext4", "EMMC",". It have 3 different sections that can be formated, data, cache, and system. In all you can have a mix combination of 3 filesytems on one phone. bkernel mount everything as ext2, so its a ext2 kernel, while cm7 and MIUI is ext4.

I'm confused(or I find it unnecessary) about, using the update script to change to ext4 if the kernel is already ext4, its not like the kernel is a different filesystem.

Edit: Its not the Init.rc in ramdisk...
~64GB SD Card~
Last edited by Austrie; November 16th, 2011 at 07:22 PM.