View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
ftanl

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstavross View Post
Hi bthoven.

I have some news about our devices with the rockchip chipset. I had an email from one guy from the factory that produces these boxes. Here is his answer about firmware updates:

"Honestly tell you , Rockchip TV Box is not mature ,I mean , rockchip`s function and performance still need to be improved .

Many manufacturers and buyers are suffering from this Rockchip model . most buyes are not satified with the quality of Rockchip . now we already stopped promoting our model of TB06 . We are waiting for Rockchip`s improving for the Box . No one knows when it will be ready . if the quality are imrpoved , we will continue to sell it , otherwise , we will stop it .

At present , we recommend you to try TV Box with Amlogic solution or Samsung solution , these two solutions are more mature ."

Nothing wrong with the chipset, they just need a stable firmware & a better remote control..The remote is useless, so make no wonder customers are unhappy..Put in a good remote & you'll get more happy customers, which in return will bring about more custom roms..

The TB06 is my model but on a price list he sent me for the other solutions, it lists your model with the same discription as mine "N/A".

So , we are alone... until they come back to suport these boxes again, or someone from the communitty tries to make a custom firmware... It is pity...
Hardly any of these chinese android devices have good support..I've always relied on the custom roms for stable and feature added firmwares. Speaking of which, are there any available yet?
Last edited by ftanl; November 16th, 2011 at 11:43 PM.