View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
I called samsung yesterday and they confirmed there is no way around it...They worked with me for half hour and 3 people on their end with the phone in their hands. The phone is made this way. The notification setting off the home screen will always override all the other sounds except for the ring tone. There is no way to turn off the notification sound off of the home screen where you can get to the settings, the only option is silent and if this is chosen you wont get any notice whatsoever.... So pretty much personalized text sounds and email sounds are obsolete. So dumb..The only peronalized sound you can have is the notification sound in the home screen settings. But, if the phone is lit up and on, the sounds and songs that are assigned to the email and text messages will play. They just wont when the screen is dark and this is where the override comes into play with the main notification setting of the phone from the home screen. people want customization..I could not do this with my 3g iphone and now I can't with this phone? are you kidding me?
Please clarify exactly what you wish to do. The information you received is not incorrect. Stock android is a base, that is limited. Other applications add functionality

I can make suggestions but I need to know EXACTLY what you are trying to accomplish