Thread: Tips 3G on M835
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #88 (permalink)
thege128

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

OK, for everyone that is having problems getting the "DBAadapter Reserved Interface (COMxx)" listen up. This may not work for you, but this is how I got mine to work.

At first, when I would plug in my m835 (Mate35 ROM), with USB debugging enabled, and port setting to "Manufacturer Mode", all I would get would be 4 unrecognized "Android Adapters".

My roommate has an stock M860, which is basically the exact same phone with a bigger screen. I copied the drivers from his phone's fake CD-ROM that is loaded when it is USB connected to a folder on my hard drive.

I then reconnected my phone, with USB debugging and Manufacture mode, went into device manager, uninstalled those 4 "Android Adapters", and chose to delete the drivers.

I then ran the PcOptions.exe from the m860 drivers folder, which installed the drivers to my PC. When I reconnected my m835, instead of 4 unrecognized Android Adapters, I got the following:

Android Adapter ADB Interface
Android Adapter Modem
Android Adapter PCUI (COM6)
Android Adapter Reserved Interface (COM8)

I was then able to follow the instructions for updating my PRL. I got the 3G icon very briefly on US1, just south of Taft St. in Hollywood, FL, but not long enough to test anything. Will keep a watch on it though as I travel around Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale.
Last edited by thege128; November 20th, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thege128 For This Useful Post:
shain00 (December 2nd, 2011), ur_okay3 (November 23rd, 2011)