OK, for everyone that is having problems getting the "DBAadapter Reserved Interface (COMxx)" listen up. This may not work for you, but this is how I got mine to work.
At first, when I would plug in my m835 (Mate35 ROM), with USB debugging enabled, and port setting to "Manufacturer Mode", all I would get would be 4 unrecognized "Android Adapters".
My roommate has an stock M860, which is basically the exact same phone with a bigger screen. I copied the drivers from his phone's fake CD-ROM that is loaded when it is USB connected to a folder on my hard drive.
I then reconnected my phone, with USB debugging and Manufacture mode, went into device manager, uninstalled those 4 "Android Adapters", and chose to delete the drivers.
I then ran the PcOptions.exe from the m860 drivers folder, which installed the drivers to my PC. When I reconnected my m835, instead of 4 unrecognized Android Adapters, I got the following:
Android Adapter ADB Interface
Android Adapter Modem
Android Adapter PCUI (COM6)
Android Adapter Reserved Interface (COM8)
I was then able to follow the instructions for updating my PRL. I got the 3G icon very briefly on US1, just south of Taft St. in Hollywood, FL, but not long enough to test anything. Will keep a watch on it though as I travel around Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale.