View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
iowabowtech
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 6,559 Times in 3,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytroutbum View Post
I downloaded the PB31IMG zip file. When I tried to extract it on my PC, I received the message that it was an invalid zip file. Is there a special compression that needs to be unzipped in a different way? Also, this file is almost twice the size of the two OTA zips combined. Why? Just curious. Thanks.
Because this is the full system image. You do not unzip the file. It's placed directly onto a fat32 formatted SD card and loaded in hboot.

Both of these methods will wipe your phone. We're talking about a clean install if you go this route. The RUU is probably the more user friendly of the two methods if you have not formatted your card due to previous dealings of a similar nature.

If anyone runs the RUU and you have a connection error, you likely don't have the Inc drivers loaded onto your PC. In that event, the most failsafe way I know to get them is to download HTC Sync:
HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

Sadly, it's a large download and all you need is the driver that comes packaged with it. You don't even have to run the Sync program at all. Don't blame me, blame HTC for not submitting their drivers to Microsoft. Anyway, after you have it downloaded, plug in your phone in charge mode and reboot your PC. When it fires back up it should auto install the new drivers for the Incredible. Then launch the RUU.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Max Johnson (November 27th, 2011), nytroutbum (November 23rd, 2011)