View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
jimweda
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
One thing to note, it says it will back up your apps. As far as I know, unless you are rooted, any app that backups up an app will not back up the Market Link. That means if you restore it, it will not show up in the "My Apps' section of the Market, meaning you won't get updates for it.

Have you been able to test the above scenario?
Unfortunately I didn't find this new app until after I had reinstalled most of my apps from my SD card. But I have in the past taken an apk from my Mac and put it in my Dropbox app, clicked on it and installed it. I have been able to update my app with the exception of I had originally downloaded it from another source like Amazon or GetJar. That's the only issue I've had with not being able to update through the Market.

I am actually surprised more people haven't been praising or at least talking about this new app as far as the non rooted phones. I'd love to root my phone and being able to do a nandroid backup was a big reason but being on Mac and having a Desktop PC without a Windows System Disc to get it up and running it's always been hit and miss with getting my Mac to recognize my phone and backing up some files. This app surprisingly allowed me to back up some system software. There's even a "systems" tab in the program. I'm seriously giving kudos to the developers of this app and, for FREE! That's hard to beat. I'm hoping I will find a way to get my PC up and running soon because I still want to enjoy the freedom of the root users have. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy the GB update and a more stable phone.

Jim
Last edited by jimweda; November 23rd, 2011 at 09:16 PM.