I have a couple of questions for you Samsung Moment owners
It is time for a upgrade and I am thinking about going with the Samsung Moment to replace my Blackberry.
I do have a couple of questions for you Moment owners.
1) Can this phone by used as a business oriented phone (I am coming from the no non-sense blackberry)? I read this is a heck of a phone but I also read it is more a fun phone then a business phone. What is your thoughts as I am not just looking for a toy, but I am also looking for a phone that will be great for business use.
2) I heard that the Android 2.1 will be available for the Samsung Moment around Feb 22nd. My questions is, if an "update" is available for the Moment the 22nd of Feb, then when will the phone come out with the Android 2.1 pre-installed into the phone from brand new? I rather get the phone with the latest Android 2.1 already pre-installed when I purchase it.
3) What is the deal with outlook? I read somewhere that it is not really compatible with this phone as I will be using outlooks calander and would like it to show up on my phone as well.
4) What did get me to go the no non-sense blackberry route is that I used to have the Palm Treo's and with all the gadgets on those phones back in the day, there was sooooooo many software glitches that I just couldnt take it anymore. I am looking for a reliable phone that will not give me issues. Does this phone have any issues of freezing, not working correctly, or any software glitches with all this technology built in? I know the Samsung Moment had a battery issue that was supposedly resolved with the CL14 software upgrade. Any other issues that should be of concern?
5) I read everywhere about the fantastic voice quality of this phone (which is important as a business phone). But, how is the signal strength compared to other Sprint phones? I have not read much on that.
6) Also, I know the Blackberry there is a premium you have to pay above the rate you pay for your Sprint service, just to use the blackberry. What is the monthly charge that is over and above the regular sprint bill to just own the Moment? I need the internet, unlimited text, and the sprint navigation and I am on a family plan. If that helps answering this question. Will I save money monthly from going from the Blackberry to the Moment or will it increase?