View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
janihenn

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy82 View Post
First you want to download this file from Samsung. This is the USB driver for your computer, assuming you're on a windows pc:

TMO_T759_ADB_Tether_Drivers.zip

Download the Rar file from this post:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Samsung Exhibit 4G

These should be all you need (you may need to download winrar or 7zip to extract the rar file). Install the drivers onto your computer and extract the files from the Zerg rush root.rar file.

Open up the Zerg rush root folder and execute this file: ZergRushTempRoot.bat

That should be all you need to do. The batch file should take care of everything for you. Just wait for it to finish, it did say it was "sleeping" for me a few times, so just be patient.
I have everything ready to go; the drivers downloaded and unzipped, the rar file extracted, and my phone connected and mounted as a storage device on my MAC.

Here's the issue. When I try running the batch file on my MAC, get this message:

"There is no application set to open the document “ZergRushTempRoot.bat”."

What application do I need to run this bat. file on a MAC? I'm using OS X 10.6.8 -- just purchased it this year so it's new and has the latest OS.

Thank you!!!!

UPDATE -- well, I searched .bat files on google and found out that I need a Windows or DOS-based PC to run it. So, I'm installing VirtualBox on my MAC and will see if I can get XP installed then I should be able to root this cell phone!!
Last edited by janihenn; November 27th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to janihenn For This Useful Post:
klrosenfeld (January 21st, 2012)