View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #52008 (permalink)
TKEnzy

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, rooted, Shiny 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget.guy View Post
NFC GOOGLE WALLET NOT NATIVE?

Hey guys,
One of the key features of the galaxy nexus (besides ics) is the nfc capability. i was under the assumption that a google device with nfc would have native support for google wallet. I was shocked to find in an article on engadget that it isnt native for the hspa+ version and u have to root your device and other fancy stuff just to get it to work.

Does anyone know if google was planning on releasing an compatible version of google wallet in the future or will it be native on the us lte version. This is a huger bummer if you have to root the device just to get an app that should come stock. anyway thanks for your response in advance,

Cameron

Engadget Article: Google Wallet unofficially finessed into Galaxy Nexus, complete with complimentary cash -- Engadget
Verizon is teamed up with the ISIS payment system. They wouldn't promote a directly competitive system on their phone. As this launch has shown, Verizon has the final say, not Google. Ergo, Wallet out, ISIS in.

Speaking of ISIS, is Archer not one of the greatest shows out there or what?

Edit: My ninja'd cherry has been popped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TKEnzy For This Useful Post:
drhill (November 29th, 2011), efdisaster (November 28th, 2011), Reborn58 (November 28th, 2011)