Thread: Accessory Lapdock 100?
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
marine one

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Moto Droid Bionic, Moto Original Droid
Carrier: Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo26 View Post
Just curious seeing that I bought one for my bionic as well. When I plug it in and open the lapdock I always get the message icon in the top right corner "USB Device not recognized." It is the USB icon with an orange exclamation point in it. Does anyone else get this icon too? I was getting all kinds of connection issues too so I exchanged it. The new one has the same problems so I wonder if the Bionic really is compatible or not.
Do you have anything plugged into the USB port? If so I would try removing whatever is installed and starting the unit up again, as I did not get that message. I did get that message when I attempted to use a USB hard drive. It was one that came out of an old laptop computer and was put into an adapter case with a USB converter. The drive wasn't being recognized because it was not formatted in FAT32. Once I re-formatted the drive into FAT32, the drive was recognized. My plan is to put anything that I think I might need from my main computer on to the USB drive and then carry it with the lapdock when traveling.
So far I am very happy with this gadget. It is no replacement for a laptop but will probably do enough that I won't travel with the laptop for short trips.
The one thing that I wish it would allow me to do is to download photos from my Canon digital SLR to the external hardrive, but it won't, because it doesn't recognize the camera as a USB drive.