View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #54019 (permalink)
nj02vette

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodraskam View Post
I respectfully disagree. I do believe they meant to get this out before BF. I do really think that the 17th or 21st was originally planned, but somehow got pulled. The reason may not be known, but I think the ghost ads for $199 are evidence that it missed it's first takeoff.

Just my opinion. Not saying yours is wrong.
Possibly. But ads and such can be made up months in advance. I do think at one time there were dates in Nov, but as issues cropped up, dates were pushed back.

Ads from places like Best Buy are sometimes even done with lots of speculation. For example, they couldn't even get the name of the phone right. If Best Buy was acting on any sort of official info from Verizon, they would have at least got the name correct. And for reference, the name was settled several weeks ago when Google/Samsung announced the phone. And even weeks later, Best Buy still had it screwed up. Just goes to show you that even the littlest details take time to flush out.