View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #54572 (permalink)
Valyrian

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
I don't think that's how it will work. Your mom and pop authorized retailer in Williamsburg, KY (insert small town here) won't be getting the same number of Gnex's as the store mid-town Manhattan (insert big city/densely populated area here).
Agreed. Also, I can't imagine a store only release, and not having any available for their online store, OR their telesales reps. I'm fairly sure, in my experiences with VZW, that the salespeople work on commission of some sort, or at least sales quotas or something. I say this because when I was returning my Bionic they were very concerned with the original salesperson getting credit for my prepay, and noting that they'd get credit for the gnex when I buy that. Also the telesales people I've spoken to have put me on their "personal list" to notify me when the gnex is available, so I'm assuming they'd get a commission or something as well. By removing the telesales guys from the initial release, I think they'd royally piss of those people by forcing them to miss out on (by the original posters speculative numbers) 120000 sales.